Lip Blush Tattoo FAQ
What is Lip Blush tattoo? How does it work?
Lip blushing is a form of semi-permanent cosmetic tattoo that enhances the lips' natural tint and shape, giving the appearance of a naturally plump and flushed lip. Lip color is customized to each client based on natural lip color, undertone and skin tone. Unlike traditional permanent makeup which use strong machines, synthetic inks, and is embedded deep in the dermis - we use organic pigments and modern, digital tools to provide natural looking, long-lasting results. A fine needle deposits pigment (Not ink) into the lips, building layers of color. The results are much more natural looking! Lip tattooing is a great alternative to fillers or surgery.
How long does Lip Blush tattoo last? Do I need a touchup?
We recommend getting a touch up every 1-3 years. Please note that the final result cannot be guaranteed as Skin type and lifestyle can effect the longevity of your cosmetic tattoo. We will re-evaluate how your skin has received the pigment at your Enhancement Session and make any changes. Two appointments are recommended. Each of these appointments being 6-8 weeks apart. At your Complimentary Enhancement Session, we will assess the color retention and make any adjustments necessary.
Does Lip Blush tattoo hurt?
Pain levels vary from person to person. Strong medical grade topical anesthetic cream can be used before and during your procedure to keep you as pain free as possible. you'll feel only a light stippling sensation as the pigment is applied. However, during your sessions we do use topical anesthetics throughout to minimize the pain. Your pre-care is super important and must be followed:
At least 24 hours before, avoid the following:
- Aspirin, ibuprofen, alcoholic beverages
- Caffeine (coffee and tea)
- Fish oil
- Vitamin E
How long does the procedure take and what should I expect?
In total please allow between 2.5-3 hours all up, this includes your consultation, choosing your perfect colour, designing the shape and performing the procedure. We're known to be very thorough and quite the perfectionists, which is shown through our artistry.
How do I prepare for my lip blushing treatment/ what to avoid?
- Do not take aspirin, ibuprofen, fish oils, vitamin E, niacin, or drink alcohol at least 48 hours prior to and after your procedure for 6 days.
- Do not take any prescription blood thinners at least 72hrs prior to and after your procedure.
- Discontinue any vitamin A skin care products (Retin-A, retinols) close to the enhancement area at least two weeks prior to your procedure. **I recommend NOT using these products over or around the tattooed area after you receive your cosmetic tattoo. It could cause fading and distortion of color.**
- Discontinue use of AHA (chemical exfoliation) skin care products close to the area to be tattooed at least one week prior to your procedure.
- No laser or electrolysis on or around the treatment area one week prior to procedure.
- No Botox or fillers in the procedure area less than 2 weeks prior.
- Avoid caffeine/tea 24hrs before your appointment.
- Do not have any chemical peels, dermabrasions, mesotherapy, or any other intense treatments which will cause faster skin cell rejuvenating and cause skin irritation 3 weeks before procedure.
- If you have been on prescription Accutane in the past, you MUST wait at least one year before considering this procedure.
- It is highly recommended that you avoid SUN and TANNING BED exposure for 2 weeks BEFORE and AFTER your procedure. If you show up for your appointment with a new tan or a sunburn, you will need to reschedule and will forfeit your booking fee. As your skin exfoliates from a sunburn, it will take the pigment with it.
- Bring in your favorite lip color if you have a specific color you're wanting to achieve
- If you have existing cosmetic tattooing you need to contact us BEFORE booking your appointment.
PLEASE NOTE: If you are prone to cold sores, we ask that our clients take their prescribed anti-viral medication starting 48 hours prior to their appointment and after the procedure to prevent outbreak. You can still have lip blushing done, however, we want to ensure the best results. Consult with your doctor for any additional questions. If you have an outbreak, or any other type of scratch/acne we ask that you reschedule your appointment as soon as possible. If you show up with any type of outbreak your appointment is considered cancel and you forfeit your deposit.
If you don’t take into account these instructions and we need to cancel your appointment day of, you will be charged a late cancellation fee of $100
Can I have Lip Blush done if I'm prone to cold sores?
If you are prone to cold sores, we ask that our clients take their prescribed anti-viral medication starting 48 hours prior to their appointment and after the procedure to prevent outbreak. You can still have lip blushing done, however, we want to ensure the best results. Consult with your doctor for any additional questions. If you have an outbreak, or any other type of scratch/acne we ask that you reschedule your appointment as soon as possible. If you show up with any type of outbreak your appointment is considered cancel and you forfeit your deposit.
How will I look immediately after? What is the healing process?
Like any tattoo, redness and slight swelling is unavoidable. As they heal, the swelling will go down, the vibrancy will settle, and the color will restore to a natural finish. It takes around 5 to 10 days for the lips heal after a lip blushing procedure.
Be aware that the color will vary quite a lot during the healing process before reaching the final color that you agreed upon with your permanent makeup artist. In that time you may experience some dryness and texture until the lips naturally exfoliate themselves. A provided barrier cream is to be applied during the healing process. It's crucial that you follow my instructions for the first 10 days to ensure a comfortable healing process and to achieve the best possible results for your lippies!. All initial cosmetic tattoo procedures require a touchup at 6-8 weeks after the first application to achieve richness of color, symmetry, and density in the shape.
How much does Lip Blush cost?
Please refer to our services page. It might be tempting to go for cheaper options, but remember that lip blushing is a cosmetic service requiring technical skills and you should only rely on fully trained professionals for such procedures. This comes with a cost, but you should put your body within the hands of someone you trust.
How do we decide on a lip color?
With new technology, you're now able to apply and test out a preview of the healed the lip colors before committing to a specific color. A wide range of tones in the pink, coral, and red families are available to create a customized shade. We will go over color choices that will look best on you based on your skin and natural lip tone. This is also where we will discuss sessions based on if color correction is needed.
If I have had/ or want to get lip filler injections, am I still a candidate for Lip blush?
Yes! Lip fillers are great pairing with lip blush since it can help perfect the overall shape. If you plan on getting lip fillers before or after, please wait 2-3 weeks to allow the swelling to subside. Filler is great for creating volume in your lips, but lip blush delivers a more natural look and give the illusion of fuller lips.
Who is not suitable for lip blushing?
- Anyone under the age of 18
- If you are pregnant or nursing. Why? This effects retention.
- On Accutane within the past year
- HIV or Hepatitis or any other infections or viral diseases
- Cannot tolerate any pain and as a result will flinch
- Suffers from major heart problems such as stroke/heart attack
- Has diabetes type 1 (type 2 will require a medical clearance from your doctor)
- Skin healing problems
- Suffering from cancer/undergoing chemotherapy
- Blood disease
- Very weak immune system
- You've taken blood thinners prior to treatment.
- You have a history of keloid or hypertrophic scarring.
Can I still wear lipstick? Will the colors look the same on top?
Your new lip tattoo is designed to act as a beautiful base, but it doesn’t mean you should throw out your lippy collection at all. We can certainly enhance your natural color or add color if your lacking, or add a specific tint that you're looking for. The results are meant to be natural, this gives you the flexibility to change it up and wear lipstick that will still look great over top. If you're hoping to go for a more opaque look, please inform your artists and she will adjust the technique as required.
Lip Blush vs Traditional Lip Tattoo?
Unlike traditional permanent makeup which use strong machines, synthetic inks, and is embedded deep in the dermis - we use organic pigments and modern, digital tools to provide natural looking, long-lasting results. A fine needle deposits pigment (Not ink) into the lips, building layers of color. The results are much more natural looking versus traditional lip tattoo that is more opaque!
I have discoloration/ darker lips, can I still have lip blush done?
Yes, you can definitely do lip blush but keep in mind, if you have a lot of discoloration on your lips that it will take more than 2 sessions and the first session will have to be orange to color correct. Once we can neutralize the uneven and or dark color, we can then add desired color. There’s no way around it. If we try to put any color before it is corrected it may turn ashy/dark brown and just not flattering.
What are the benefits of permanent cosmetics for the lips?
- Lips appear more defined without surgery or fillers
- Restores color to lips that have become pale
- Corrects Blurred lip lines
- Kiss-proof and smudge-proof color
- Create fullness and symmetry to thin or asymmetrical lips and make lips appear fuller and larger
- May eliminate the daily use of pencils and lipsticks to outline, fill-in, or reshaping lip borders
- Convenience – improve daily lifestyle and save time
- A possible option if you have allergies to cosmetics
- Evens out lip discoloration caused by vitiligo, cancer treatments, illness or injury
What pigments do you use? Are the studio and equipment safe/hygienic?
Here at Let's Talk Beauty, we put safety and quality first and foremost by using only the highest quality equipment and a wide range of quality pigments. We provide a safe and sterilized environment at all times for our clients. Procedure rooms are disinfected and cleaned prior to and following each visit. Majority of our equipment is disposed of after each client, providing a safe, hygienic and quality service for all clients.
We use iron oxide pigments deemed safe for the skin that are specifically formulated for permanent makeup procedures. They are stable, high performance pigments that undergo rigorous testing for carcinogenic compounds, unsafe dyes/colorants, heavy metals and microbiological sterility. We do not use pigments made in China.
How do I book an appointment?
Please call 0414324397 to speak with our Cosmetic tattoo specialist. To determine whether or not you are a candidate for an Lip Blush Tattoo, please email photos of your lips to email@example.com head over to our booking system.
Do you require a deposit?
Yes, a 10% deposit is required to secure and confirm your booking. It is non-refundable. The remaining amount owing must be paid on the day. This policy is designed to protect not only my business but it keeps things fair for all clients. If you need to cancel your appointment we kindly request at least 48hrs notice so it can be offered to another client.
Should I bring my (small) children to the appointment?
Throughout your service the environment is serene and quiet, therefore, we highly, highly recommend against it. It isn't an ideal environment for small children as your eyes must remain closed for the duration of the treatment, and your technician will be focusing on you – there will be no supervision for your children, which could be dangerous! There are things like hot wax, chemicals, sharps and dyes that are not good for little people to get their hands on. Our insurance does not cover unattended children in the salon, and we would hate for anything to happen.
Do you have gift vouchers?
Yes, we have gift vouchers for any special gifted occasion & are available for purchase in salon. The vouchers are printed on high-quality gloss stock and come in pretty presentation envelopes. They are perfect gift for that glamorous friend who has everything!